About the Book
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) has gained tremendous recognition, both statutory and populous. It covers various types of rights in respect of Patents, Copyrights, Trade Marks, Geographical Indications, etc.
In the recent years, especially during COVID-19 pandemic, IPR has gained significant importance. Also, with time newer forms of IPR have come up like Trade Secrets, Designs, etc. Further, the scope of IPR has been interlinked with other areas of law like Competition Law and Human Rights.
The book is an attempt to cover the contemporary developments and dimensions in the arena of Intellectual Property Rights and provide a constructive dialogue between academicians, IP practitioners and policy makers to suggest suitable remedies to the existing challenges.
The book will not only cover traditional issues and challenges but will also entail a multidisciplinary discussion and approach towards IP and other areas of law.
The book will be published by a National Publisher with ISBN Number.
About the Editors
Ms. Chandrika Tewatia is an Assistant Professor of Law at School of Business and Law, Navrachana University, Vadodara. She has a teaching experience of more than 4 years at universities like Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar and The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. She has completed Masters in Laws in the specialization of Intellectual Property Laws from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar and was awarded the H.K. Acharya & Co. Gold Medal for securing the highest marks. She has published several Research Articles in reputed International and National Journals and also presented Research Papers in International and National Conferences and Seminars. She is currently pursuing Ph.D. from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
Mr. Gururaj Devarhubli is an Assistant Professor of Law at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. He has a teaching experience of more than 2 years in at institutions like Parul Institute of Law, Parul University, Vadodara and Anand College of Legal Studies, Anand. He has completed Masters in Law in the specialization of Intellectual Property Laws from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar. He has published several Research Articles in reputed International and National Journals and also presented Research Papers in International and National Conferences and Seminars. He has also published a book titled ‘Animal Laws in India’ published by Lambert Academic Publishing. He is currently pursuing Ph.D. from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
The Chapters may be submitted on the following topics
- Geographical Indications
- Trade Secrets / Confidential Information
- Interface between IPR and Competition Law
- Interface between IPR and Human Rights
- IPR Enforcement and Remedies
- Any other topic related to IPR
- Articles of length: 3000-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes; however, speaking footnotes must be limited to 50 words); articles exceeding the word limit may be considered on merit.
- Short Notes (between 1500 and 5000 words)
- Book Reviews/Case Comments (minimum of 1500 words)
- Longer submissions may be considered based on merit.
- Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be sent only through this Google Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kyRzvKfJXM7Kqd4iGv1RDOkYR56poBiHGYNpL4QBB3E/edit?usp=sharing
- Please note that any submissions made through mail will not be considered.
- The last date for submissions is 15th February, 2022 (Tuesday).
- By submitting an article, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted, or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission. Plagiarism limit- 15%.
- Co-authorship is allowed for a maximum of two authors.
- Formatting Guidelines
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; non-conformity will be a ground for rejection.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman font, with size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- The documents must not contain any identification markers. Eg: Name of the author after the title, Author as recognized by Word, or any other metadata.
- Receipt of submission will be intimated to the authors within two weeks of submission.
- Publication charges would be intimated to authors whose Chapters have been accepted.
For clarifications, contact us on: email@example.com or Mobile:
Ms. Chandrika Tewatia: +91 99116 69374
Mr. Gururaj Devarhubli: +91 98989 04046