President Ram Nath Kovind addressed joint Parliamentary session during beginning of budget session 2022, In his address, the President focuses on the various initiatives undertaken for the economic growth of the country and the welfare of the common people despite the prevailing pandemic. He also appritiates his govt’s work. He mentioned Guru Teg Bahadur 400th birth anniversary, Subhash chandra Bose birth anniversary, and V.O Chidambaram Pillai birth anniversary
Now after reading this news two questions have arisen in my mind
- What is meant by parliamentary session?
- Why did President address the joint session?
Session means a periodin which parliament houses meet to coduct its business. Article 85 of the Indian constitution talks about the Parliamentary session
- Article 85 The President shall from time to time summon each House of Parliament to meet at such time and place as he thinks fit, but six months shall not intervene between its last sitting in one session and the date appointed for its first sitting in the next session
- The President may from time to time
- prorogue the Houses or either House;
- dissolve the House of the People.
There are three parliamentary session
1 Budget session largest session
2 Monsoon Session shortest session
3 winter Session
The budget session begins after the address of the president of India.