About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About IMC 2022 –
First International Mediation Competition (IMC) organised by Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram is a step taken towards acting as facilitator in increasing the ADR Culture among aspiring lawyers. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the 1st International Mediation Competition hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode on 23rd Maarch 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation. We look forward to hosting you, Welcome aboard !!!
Who all can participate ?
The Competition is open to all Law Colleges / Law Schools and Faculties / Universities; Departments of Law in India (hereafter “participating institutions”) recognized by the Bar Council of India. Students doing post-graduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
1. Cross-Institute Teams shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
2. Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition.
1. Provisional registration – All the interested institutions are requested to provisionally register by sending us an email at – firstname.lastname@example.org , the subject of the email should be “Provisional registration – 1st IMC 22 ”.
2. After the confirmation of provisional registration, the participants must register on or before 18th March, 2022 by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy Website.
3. The Participants are required to register as a Team of 3 students viz, a Mediating Pair (Client and Counsel) and a Mediator.
4. The Organizing Committee will communicate the acceptance of the provisional registration and e-mail the payment gateway link along with all other necessary details for the completion of registration formalities.
5. On successful completion of the payment, The Organizing Committee shall send a confirmation of participation email after verifying the entire process.
Stages of the Competition –
The competition will take place in three stages. At each stage, there will be two rounds for one pair of teams.
Preliminary Rounds – Each Team shall be once the Responding Party and once the Requesting Party in each session.
No Team shall compete against the same team more than once in the Preliminary Rounds, nor will they compete before the same panel of judges.
Semi Finals – The 4 best teams from the preliminary stages will compete in pairs.
Finals – The best two teams from the semi-finals will face each other.
Important Link –
Rules & Regulation – IMC 22
For any queries, please write to email@example.com or contact any of the following –
1. Mrs. Priya M.K – 9633311359
2. Mrs. Salini A.P – 7012480983
3. Mr. N.K Sasidharan
4. Mrs. Darsana S Thampi
5. Mrs. Radhika R P
6. Mr. Shakti Prabha
1. Ajay Y (Student Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 9746525734
2. Sruthi Kannan (Student Joint Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 8921194385
3. Hrishikesh Jayasarman (Student Joint Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 7025263839
4. Darsana Vikram
5. Nandakishore A
6. Gopika Sasi
7. Sreedurga M. U
8. Arjun P.M
Student Co Convenors:
1. Anagha S.
2. Abraham J
3. Devika. S
4. Sangeet Mohan
click here for rules and regulations –