About Awaaz-Blog of the Legal Aid Society:
‘Awaaz: The Blog’ is an initiative of the Legal Aid Society, Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi. The blog publishes articles with the aim to encourage diverse legal discourse on contemporary social, political, and legal issues, and wishes to create a space where different ideas can come together and converse with each other.
It also aims at giving the students an opportunity to explore the legal arena and shape discussions relating to paramount and critical issues pertaining to legal aid through a diligent selection process.
Call for Blogs:
The present issue of Awaaz focuses on social issues as well as legal and policy matters. While entries pertaining to all contemporary socio-legal issues are welcome, preference shall be given to the entries depicting logical or legal analyses and those reflecting recent developments and trends in the socio-legal domain. The entries must showcase a predominant interface between law and society. The submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Submissions should be the original work of the author(s)/contributor(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification for publication on the blog.
- Authors are advised to keep their articles concise and precise to enhance the effectiveness of their posts, ideally, not more than 1,500 words.
- Co-authorship of up to 2 authors is allowed.
- In accordance with the double-blind review process, the name of the author(s) or their institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the article.
- The Editorial Board of Awaaz and the Teacher Convener of the Legal Aid Society, Campus Law Centre shall conduct a strict editorial review of submissions received and hold absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission or not.
- Articles/Posts accepted for publication on Awaaz may be cross-posted. Such cross-posting shall not require the prior consent of the author(s).
- Please ensure that the title of the submission is not more than eight words long.
The submissions should be emailed in a word document adhering to the following formatting:
- The content of the article should be in Times New Roman style, font size 12, with 1.5-line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- The indentation of the paragraphs should be justified.
- Use double quotes and italicize the text when quoting verbatim.
- Wherever case law, statutory material or other resources are being referred to, appropriate hyperlinks must be provided in the text of the submission itself. For Indian case laws, contributors may provide a link to the case at https://indiankanoon.org/, if available, or the website of the relevant court.
- Footnotes should be used only when strictly necessary, in case no hyperlink is available. Footnotes should conform to the ILI Citation Rules available at http://www.ili.ac.in/cstyle.pdf. They should be in Times New Roman style, size 10, with 1.0-line spacing.
- Speaking endnotes are not allowed.
How to submit?
The article must be sent in an MS Word document (.doc or .docx) as a mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Blog Submission”. PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
The body of the email must mention:
- Name of the author(s);
- Contact number;
- Name of the Institution;
- Academic year of the course pursuing;
- Title of the paper and
- A declaration stating that the article is an original and previously unpublished work of the author(s) (two-three sentences would suffice).
We look forward to receiving your contribution! Happy Writing!
All correspondence and queries may be addressed to: email@example.com
Ms. Rupali Prashar
Mr. Krishnagopal Abhay
Ms. Runjhun Garg
Our website: http://lasclc.in/