About DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University
The DPIIT IPR-Chair is established at Osmania University under the SPRIHA scheme of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. The IPR Chair aims to promote IPR Culture and contribute to IPR research and knowledge. The DPIIT IPR-Chair at Osmania University looks forward to collaborate with academics, researchers and industry to promote effective utilization of IPRs. Prof. (Dr.) G.B. Reddy, Professor of Law, Osmania University is the DPIIT IPR-Chair Professor at Osmania University.
Details about the event/opportunity
the DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University makes an endeavour to bring together upon a common platform, an analysis of the changing contours in the domain of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) in the current knowledge era, owing to the paradigm shifts in the culture, science and technology, and present it in the form an Edited Book.
The DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University invites Submissions from Professionals, Academicians and Research Scholars for the Edited Book entitled “IPRs in Knowledge Era: Changing Contours” with ISBN. Multi-disciplinary submissions involving discussion of Intellectual Property Rights are also welcome. The objective of the edited book is to inspire and disseminate the work of experts in the field who have extensive experience and competence.
Prof. (Dr.) G. B. Reddy, Professor of Law and Chair Professor of the DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University would be the Editor-in-Chief of the proposed book. Selected submissions would be published by the DPIIT-IPR Chair, Osmania University as Chapters in the edited book with ISBN and it is proposed to launch the Book in an event on the coming World IP Day. The author/s of selected chapters would be given a complimentary copy of the book.
The chapters may relate to any of the following topics:
- Conceptual analysis of IPRs
- Global/International regulation of IPRs
- Comparative study of legal framework IPRs in different jurisdictions
- Rural Innovations and IPRs
- Academics and IPRs
- Copyrights in the Digital form
- Traditional Knowledge
- Traditional Cultural Expressions
- Trade Secrets
- Artificial Intelligence and IPRs
- IP and Startups
- IPR and Competition Law
- IPR and Human Rights
- Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights
- Bio-Resources and IPRs
However, this is not an exhaustive list and author/s may make submissions on any area relating to IPRs in the current context. The author/s may write to us about proposed submissions.
Who is it for/eligibility?
Professionals, Academicians and Research Scholars in the domain of Law, Science, Engineering, Technology and Pharma disciplines.
DPIIT-IPR Chair, Osmania University is situated at Hyderabad.
- All submissions must be made in electronic form in Word format (.doc/.docx) only. The submissions shall be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as ‘OU IPR EDITED BOOK Submission’. Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two persons.
- The word limit for submissions is up to 3000-5000 words exclusive of footnotes along with Abstract of 250 words.
- The author/s are requested to intimate the proposed topic of the paper at the earliest to email@example.com for confirmation, in order to avoid redundancy.
- The final submission must be accompanied with a Covering Letter stating the Title of the Manuscript; Name, Designation and Affiliation of the author/authors; and Contact details of the author including email and phone number. The author/s shall mention their particulars only in the Covering Letter and not in the manuscript.
- The author/s shall submit a Declaration along with the submission stating that the manuscript is their original work, is in compliance with the research ethics and it is not published/submitted for consideration in any other publication. The author/s shall also submit a brief about themselves in about 100 words along with their submission.
- Proper citation of the sources used in the manuscript must be indicated in the footnotes.
- The editor may make changes that are necessary to meet requirements of space and format.
- Plagiarism in any form shall result in rejection of the submission, and the decision of the Editorial Board in this matter is final and binding.
Submissions would be subject double-blind peer review and decision of the Editorial Board on selection and publication of the submissions as chapters in the edited book would be final and would be intimated to author/s within one week after submission.
Fee details (if any)
Prizes (if any)
No prizes. Publication Certificate and complimentary copy of the Book would be given to all the published authors.
Submissions shall be made on or before 15-04-2022. However, the author/s are requested to intimate the proposed topic of the paper at the earliest.
Dr. S. B. Md. Irfan Ali Abbas (9848885394)
University College of Law, Osmania University.
Mr. A. Srinivasa Rao (8297399898)
Advocate & IP Attorney, Hyderabad.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Visit https://ouipr.in/ for more details