The National Human Right Commission (NHRC), New Delhi in association with Indian Law Institute (ILI), New Delhi and Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, and with academic support from Empowerment through Law of the Common People (ELCOP), Bangladesh, is organising CLEA‐MILAT HUMAN RIGHTS & SOCIAL JUSTICE SUMMER SCHOOL- 2022.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Arun Mishra, Chairman, National Human Rights Commission, India/ Former Judge, Supreme Court of India has kindly consented to be the Chief Patron for the Summer School.
The Summer School will be fully residential programme of 11 days for Law Students from India and abroad to groom their knowledge and respect for Human Rights and Social Justice. As we know, despite the developments to strengthen human rights enforcement, there are increasing violations of the basic human rights across the globe, which mandates comprehensive discourse on the importance of human rights and social justice in the Constitutional Framework of Democratic Country.
Aims and objectives of the Summer School
- To have a shared goal of upholding human dignity and equality for all
- To inculcate the concept of social justice through pragmatic activities for Rule of Law and Democracy
- To deepen the understanding of the notion of freedom of expression as a fundamental human right
- To examine the enforcement and implementation issues, problems and impediments in the enforcement of human rights
Special Features of Summer Schools are as follows-
- Intensive residential training on social justice, human rights and advocacy skills
- International resource persons
- Training on legal advocacy through moot court, mock trial etc.
- Legislative training through drafting and student parliament
- Activities like publication, broadcasting and telecasting
- Introduction to rural litigation and concept of Rural Law Firms to encourage socially committed lawyering and community visit
We, looking forward to an active participation of the students from your institution in the Summer School to make it more vibrant and inclusive.
*Exhaustive Details of the programme are provided in the brochure attached with this mail.
Important Links for the Application form and the Brochure are provided below:
Application Form and Details of the events are attached herewith: