About the Organizer
IPEM Group, under the aegis of Laksh Educational Society, registered under the Societies Act, 1860, continues to build on its reputation as a premier Group of Institutions and has now established campuses offering different courses in the areas of Management, Information Technology, Law, and Education.
IPEM Law Academy is NAAC Accredited and affiliated with Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. It is approved by the Bar Council of India and offers LL.B (3 Year) and B.A. LL.B (5 Year) programs.
About the event
IPEM Law Academy will be organizing a National Legal Case Analysis Competition 2022 on 23rd and 24th April.
This Competition would serve as an intellectually stimulating experience for all the participants and would harness skills like drafting, critical thinking, writing and analytical prowess of a student. This Competition would give a student the opportunity to make the best out of these pandemic times and help them to develop their expertise in reviewing Judgements and Landmark Cases in order to make them better professionals.
Attractive Cash Prizes will be given to the Winners of the Competition, also every registered participant will be given an E-Certificate of Participation.
- The competition is exclusively for law students pursuing either five year or three year law course.
- Only single participation is allowed.
- Maximum three participants from one College, Institute or University are allowed.
- The Competition will run simultaneously on Zoom and Google Classroom. All participants must have G-mail Ids for registration.
- Registration of a participant will complete only upon the payment of registration fees (Rs. 100/-).
- All submissions and screenshots of transactions are to be e-mailed at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rules and Regulations along with the Poster of the event are enclosed herein for reference.
For any further details regarding the competition, please contact –
- Ms. Anchita Sood
- Ms. Devshree Chauhan
RULES & JUDGEMENT CRITERIA
One of out of the following five cases will be given for Case Analysis-
- Indra Sawhney vs. Union of India (AIR 1993 SC 477)
- Amardeep Kaur vs. Harveen Kaur (AIR 2017 SC 4417)
- Indian Young Lawyer Association & Ors vs. State of Karnataka (2018 SCC 1690)
- Anuradha Bhasin vs. Union of India (AIR 2020 SC 1308)
- Secretary, Ministry of Defence vs. Babita Puniya & Ors. (Civil Appeal No. 1210 of 2020)
FORMAT OF THE CASE ANALYSIS
1. Case Synopsis (250 -300 words)
2. Arguments on behalf of the petitioner & respondent (100 words for both)
3. Ratio Decidendi (50 words)
4. Obiter Dicta ( 50 words)
5. Relevant Laws (50 words)
6. Recent Judgments of the Supreme Court (last five years)
7. Participant’s view on case or conclusion (100 -200 words)
RULES FOR THE CASE-ANALYSIS COMPETITION
Allotment of Case & Preparation of Case Analysis:
1. Every participant will get only one case for preparing Case Summary or PPT out of all four cases.
2. The case will be allotted 15 minutes prior to the Competition i.e. at 01:45 PM, to all participants through Google Classroom.
3. Hand Written/ Typed/ PPT all are acceptable for preparing Case Summary.
4. Every Case Summary must be sent as PDF file (in case of hand written it should be a scanned file).
5. In case of PPT, participants must prepare a minimum of 15 slides & maximum 20 slides.
6. Language should be Hindi or English.
Written submissions must include:
1. Name of the Participant.
2. Father’s Name.
3. Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number.
4. Name of the College/University with address and email id.
The Jury members of IPEM will read & examine the submitted case brief or PPT and will select the Winners on the basis of clarity, persuasive value of the comments, use of landmark case laws, and correct interpretation of the law. The decision of the Jury shall be final and binding.
- Last date of registration- 16th April, 2022
- Invitation to join Google Classroom will be sent on 19th April, 2022 along with a link for Zoom.
- Date- 23rd and 24th April, 2022
The Winner and the Runner-up shall be awarded a cash prize.
- Cash Prize for the Winner: Rs. 3000/-
- Cash Prize for the First Runner-up: Rs. 2500/-
- Cash Prize for the Second Runner-up: Rs. 2000/-
All the participants will be provided with an E-certificate of participation.
Bank transaction details will be asked on CALL from the winners for transferring winning amount
Zoom and Google Classroom
You can register for the event via the QR code present on the poster or via the following link –