Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, affiliated to GGSIP University was established in the year 2000 with the vision to impart world-class quality professional education and promote excellence in education. In this pursuit, VIPS provides innovative pedagogies to encapsulate the prescribed curriculum along with consistency, thereby focusing on the holistic growth of every student at VIPS.
Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS) under the umbrella of VIPS is committed to realizing the words of Swami Vivekananda: “Man Making, Character Building and Nation Building”. VSLLS takes progressive efforts to equip its law students to face the world by developing conceptual clarity and focusing on the creation of research aptitude and critical approaches amongst students to prepare them to be good and successful professionals.
In recognition of its robust initiatives in legal education, VIPS is recognized by The Bar Council of India, UGC under Section 2(f) and has been accredited with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC. Our esteemed alumni include 19 Gold Medalists, over 20 AORs as well as 45 judicial officers.
In addition, VSLLS has collaborations with foreign and national universities to provide exposure to students at international and national levels along with engaging students in multiple training programs namely, moot courts, alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, research, legal aid, debates etc.
ABOUT MAADHYAM – International Council for Conflict Resolution
Maadhyam-International Council for Conflict Resolution, founded by highly accomplished professionals, comprises many renowned, experienced and internationally accredited mediators. It has been at the forefront of developing and implementing training programmes for imparting and promoting conflict resolution skills for ADR practitioners, in line with contemporary global trends.
With a global outlook and focus on capacity building, Maadhyam has to its credit various International collaborators including the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University, California, U.S.A. and SAGE Mediation, Singapore, besides many National Universities and Bar Associations across the country.
In recognition of its contribution to the development of Mediation, Maadhyam was invited to attend the signing of the Singapore Convention. Its office bearers were also part of the Draft Committee appointed for the Mediation Bill.
Through its Peer Mediation and Youth Forum, Maadhyam has been engaging with and empowering India’s immense young talent to be leaders of tomorrow in peacebuilding and has also sponsored many international and domestic moot competitions. In keeping with its motto of continued learning, Maadhyam is happy to take forward its collaboration with one of the finest national universities – VIPS in the 4th National Virtual Negotiation Competition and hopes the event will help enrich and empower the young students – tomorrows’ leaders in ADR.
About the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution is a platform that provides training and recognition to students participating in alternative dispute resolution activities ranging from mediation, arbitration to client counselling. The ADR skills enable participants to resolve the dispute amicably and ‘to be hard on the problem and soft on the people’.
Our mission is to connect, support, and inspire a diverse community committed to empowering society while nurturing and honing their oratorical, research, and analytical skills. To enhance the performance and knowledge of our members, we hold regular competitions and workshops encompassing a range of activities under ADR.
The 4th VIPS – Maadhyam National Virtual Negotiation Competition, 2022 (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Competition’), organized by the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies, VIPS in collaboration with Maadhyam – International Council for Dispute Resolution (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Organising Committee’). The Competition will be held from 28th April to 1st May 2022.
The Competition is open to all bonafide students pursuing undergraduate degrees (five and three-year law programmes) in Law Schools/Colleges/Institutions/Universities recognised by the Bar Council of India.
Each Participating Institution is permitted to send a maximum number of two teams to the Competition. If at all more teams are registered, that would be subject to only two teams being selected on the First Come First Serve basis. All participants must be registered with their respective institutions as full-time or part-time students for the academic year 2021-2022.
How to Register
- A team must register for the competition by filling out the google form linked below after making the payment for the competition and obtaining a consent letter.
Registration Form – https://forms.gle/5PLGEWPrpeqegy7V7
- A team will be required to pay Rs. 2000/- via NEFT or UPI as a registration fee for the competition. After making payment, a screenshot of the payment along with the transaction ID must be submitted in the google form as part of the registration process.
- Bank Details for NEFT:
NAME: Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies Technical Campus
BANK: HDFC BANK LTD.
BRANCH: F1U/42 Block, Pitampura, New Delhi – 110034
ACCOUNT NO.: 50100199004255
IFSC CODE: HDFC 0001657
- Participants may also pay the registration fee via UPI by making a payment to the following UPI ID:
- A team will also need to submit a consent form in the google form duly signed and stamped by the Dean/Head of Department/Principal/Head of the Institution of the law school permitting the participants to take part in the competition.
- Institutions may provisionally register for the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th April, 2022.
- The last date to register for the competition is 18th April, 2022.
- Best Team – Cash Prize: Rs. 25,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Runners up Team – Cash Prize: Rs.15,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Best Counsel (based on scores of the preliminary rounds) – Cash Prize: Rs. 5000/- and Best Counsel’s Certificate of Merit
- Best Client (based on scores of the preliminary rounds) – Cash Prize: Rs. 5000/- and Best Client’s Certificate of Merit
- Quarter-Finalists, Semi-Finalists and Finalists – Certificate of Merit
|Announcement of the Competition||20th March, 2022|
|Last Date for Provisional Registrations||7th April, 2022|
|Last Date to Register||18th April, 2022|
|Release of Problems||21st April, 2022|
|Orientation Session||23rd April, 2022|
|Last Date to Seek Clarifications||24th April, 2022|
|Dates of the Competition||28th April to 1st May, 2022|
Saharsh Panjwani, Student Convenor – 9013965521
Shivam Issar, Student Convenor – 9953071864
Or email us at email@example.com