Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi. The institute is committed to realizing the words of Swami Vivekananda: “Man Making, Character Building and Nation Building”. It is recognised for its impeccable academic standards, Accredited with an “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Recognized by the Bar Council of India & Approved by the All India Council of Technical Education and UGC under Section 2(f). Our esteemed alumni include 35 Gold Medalists.
VIPS is an ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Institution. VIPS comprises seven prestigious schools, namely, School of Law and Legal Studies, School of Information Technology, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, School of Business Studies, School of Business Studies, School of Economics, and School of English Studies.
Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS) under the umbrella of VIPS has taken progressive efforts to equip its law students to face the world by developing conceptual clarity and focusing on the creation of research aptitude and critical approaches amongst students to prepare them to be good and successful professionals. Our esteemed alumni include over 20 AORS as well as 45 judicial officers.
In addition, VSLLS has collaborations with foreign and national universities to provide exposure to students at international and national levels along with engaging students in multiple training programs namely, legal aid, moot courts, alternative dispute resolution mechanism, research, debates etc. Legal Aid Centre of VSLLS was established in 2013 in coordination with Delhi High Court Legal Services Committee. It is dedicated to performing its social responsibility.
Free, equal and timely access to justice is the hallmark of the success of a democracy. To make our students conscious of their social responsibility along with the legal acumen, the Legal Aid Centre of VIPS, since its establishment in 2013, is dedicated to performing its social responsibility. VIPS Legal Aid Centre is connected between the DSLSA and the people visiting us on regular basis.
VIPS Legal Aid Centre is comprised of 7 faculty members and 350 students. Our 272 students have already got training from DSLSA and helping society as Para Legal Volunteers (PLVs). Apart from attending to the legal matters, we are actively involved in sensitizing the students towards dissemination of knowledge on Legal issues through the Nukkad Natak Society of the VIPS Legal Aid Centre i.e. ‘Mashaal’. Through the medium of social theme-based plays organised by ‘Mashaal’ on gender sensitization, elimination of drug abuse, etc, an effort has been made to spread awareness.
The word “Antarnad” refers to the inner voices present within every individual. It is the intrinsic speech of an individual’s soul, the moral compass that differentiates rights from wrongs for that individual, the guiding light that illuminates his path in the journey of life.
Antarnad was chosen as the name for this event because through this event, we wish to highlight and bring forth the inner voices suppressed within every individual and give them a platform to let loose and express themselves through acting, more specifically, through Nukkad Natak.
Nukkad Natak is a form of street art play where the actors perform in public with a live audience. Nukkad Natak is used as a medium to reach out to the general public and briefly shift their attention from the hustle and bustle of their daily life to the bigger vices plaguing society.
Antarnad 2022 will take place on 20th April 2022 at the VIPS-TC Campus. The competition has 2 segments; the National Nukkad Natak Competition and the National Open-Mic Competition.
National Nukkad Natak Competition
Theme – Social & Legal Issues
- All the participants are expected to adhere to COVID guidelines and regulations
- Only one team from an institution shall be allowed to participate in the competition.
- Each team shall comprise a total of 20-25 members. Under no circumstances the teams would be allowed to exceed the number of members.
- The teams are required to prepare an act of around 15-20 minutes on the aforementioned theme.
- The team should ensure that their performance should be in Hindi with minimal use of English.
- The teams are required to register through the registration form attached with the brochure.
- Content should be an original piece of work, plagiarized work is strictly prohibited; if found to be plagiarized the organizers and judges reserve the right to disqualify the team or deduct points.
- Props, background music, background lightning are allowed, but No pre-recorded voice or music is allowed.
- Only one member from each team needs to register with whom all communications will be made via mail.
- A maximum of 5 instruments are allowed per team.
- Any form of obscenity through actions, images or language may result in penalties ranging from point deduction to disqualification.
National Open-Mic Competition
Theme – Open
- All the participants are expected to adhere to COVID guidelines and regulations.
- Open Mic includes Poetry, Storytelling, Stand-up comedy, Rapping and beatboxing.
- All participants must register through the link provided for open mic.
- The preliminary round includes a screening process wherein the participants will be judged on the basis of the write-ups submitted by them on or before 19 April till 7:00 pm.
- The content presented must be original. Plagiarism may lead to disqualification.
- The time limit for the performance is 3 to 5 minutes. Extra time may lead to the deduction of marks.
- Props or use of musical instruments/ pre-recorded music is permitted provided that participants need to make arrangements on his/her own and coordinate with the organizers prior to the event.
- An open theme will be followed for the competition.
- The performance should not include profane language.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant if they do not respect the equipment (no mic drops or chair kicking).
How to Register?
NUKKAD NATAK COMPETITION: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjqaZ6i1TB17- sOMwaMUAYFJgbag6Qx8m-V-q32-sl1iJLfg/viewform
OPEN-MIC COMPETITION: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHO6rYN69vGIg Oyx0yMnYC8EWabcFyeT5-Eq3PppLJiDTdlg/viewform
NUKKAD NATAK COMPETITION: RS. 1000/-
OPEN-MIC COMPETITION: RS. 150/-
Through Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)
Name : Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies Technical Campus
Name of Bank: HDFC Bank Ltd.
Branch: F1U/42 Block, Pitampura, New Delhi-110034
Account number: 50100199004255
IFSC : HDFC 0001657
Note: The teams are required to send a soft copy of payment receipt and the registration form to email@example.com.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact
Ms. Insha Goel Vats, Faculty Coordinator – 9654525945
Arya – 7042181326
Mansi – 8587061772
Prachi – 7838938067