About the Organizer
“Law Mantra Trust” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics and experts from various fields who are committed to resolve conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations and Arbitration.
Every human being survives on food, hardly you can find someone who does not eat food, as matter of fact humans, food habits depend on many factors, such as availability, geography, preservation, supply and processing of the food. However, with the advent of the industrial and technological revolution, society changed and humans migrated from agriculture to the industry and started manufacturing and producing goods to earn money. However, their dependency does not decrease on agriculture. Traditionally, agriculture was the basis of the economy and it was contributing much more than any other income into GDP, However, it is decreasing presently. Today, agriculture is facing difficulties due to industrialisation, the WTO Agreement on Agriculture, development of technologies, reduction of subsidies and more over investment by multinational corporations. These factors are a matter for many nations, particularly developing and small countries who have to feed and employ their labour force and improve their life & economical status.
We all required food for survival, however, it is a less discussed area of law and its required academic as well as intellectual deliberation for not only ensuring former rights but also to make available foods to millions.
Call for Chapters
This Call for Chapter is for Contributions in an Edited Book on the Theme Agriculture, Law and Policy: India
We solicit paper/ chapter contribution from the academia, intellectuals. The edited book will be published with publisher of international repute.
- Minimum Support Price;
- Minimum Wage for Agriculture Labour;
- Seeds Policy;
- Irrigation Policy of India/State;
- Bio Technology Agriculture Development;
- Hot Potato Case Study;
- Farmer-Suicide in India;
- Food Corporation of India and Procurements;
- Administration of Agriculture, General as well as Constitutional Prospective;
- Agriculture and Patent Law;
- The Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights Act, 2001;
- Genetically Modified (GM) Seed: Legal Issues;
- WTO and Agriculture policy of India;
- Commercialisation of Agriculture;
- Food Security and Law;
- Food Safety Processing;
- GST and Agriculture Equipments;
- Fertilizer Control Order;
- Agriculture and Tax;
- Sugar-Cane Act, 1934 and Payment of Sugar-Cane Supply
- Food Processing and Laws, (Packaging Laws and Regulations) Fruit Products Order, 1955;
- Agriculture Marketing (AGMARK) Rules, 1937;
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 and the Prevention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955;
- Standard Weights and Measures Act (SWMA) 1976 and the Standards of Weight and Measures (Packaged Commodities) Rule, 1977
Above mention topics are not exhaustive but other topic can be also accommodated if it’s in line of agriculture law.
Who is it for?
Interested Professors, Researchers, Practitioners, Students are invited to submit Book Chapters. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind peer review basis. Authors are encouraged to include original works. Please submit your chapter and a brief personal biography.
- Abstract (Minimum 300 Words) Along with 5 Minimum Keywords, along with final paper should be send by 15th May, 2022.
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it; Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI STYLE;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected; Plagiarism more than 10% will strictly be rejected.
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra Trust;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes);
- All Contribution must be submitted to email@example.com
There is no fee, it is open for all. (if any one wishes to buy hard copy of book, they will have to contact publisher and pay the price of book)
About Editorial Board
Prof. (Dr.) Vijender Kumar, is a ‘Commonwealth Fellow, UK’ (2009-2010), a ‘Meritorious Law Teacher Awardee’ (2019) from the Government of Telangana, and the Vice-Chancellor of Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur. He had been the Vice-Chancellor of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, and the Registrar of NALSAR, University of Law, Hyderabad. An astute academician and research scholar, he has numerous research articles and books to his credit. For many years now, he has been a member of the Board of Studies, Academic Planning and Monitoring Board, Academic Council, Executive Council, and General Council of NLUs and other universities. In 2019, Prof. Kumar received “Telangana State Award to Meritorious Teaching-2019’ from the Government of Telangana.
Prof. (Dr.) Himanshu Pandey, is presently serving as Professor of Law and Head Centre for Corporate Law and Governance in Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur; Former Registrar cum Associate Professor of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Guwahati and Assistant Professor of Law, School of Law Devi Ahilya University, Indore. He has more than 16 Years of teaching experience. His area of interest is Corporate Law, Insurance Law and Legal Research Methodology.
Mr. Aditya Mishra is Founder and Managing Trustee of Law Mantra (Trust) and currently pursuing his Ph.D. from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. He has co-edited nineteen book; published 16 research papers; and presented 29 research papers in international and national conferences/seminars. He is a Member of the Supreme Court Bar Association; Delhi High Court Bar Association and International Council of Jurists, London. His interest is in the area of providing consultancy, advice and legal support for start-ups, from incorporation and daily business affairs to IP protection and infringement related advisory.
Submission Deadline: May 15, 2022