About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. five-year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three-year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law). Its sister concern, CALSAR offers Research Program in Law (PhD).
About the Seminar
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International Seminar on Family Laws, Changing Perspectives Contemporary Challenges And Solutions, via virtual mode on 28th May 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Seminar is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
‘Nigussie Afesha’, Associate Professor, Hawassa University, School of law Hawassa, Ethiopia is our Chief Guest of this International Seminar.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars. The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
This Seminar will attempt to explore the different aspects of Family Law as it plays a crucial role in our society. The purpose of the Seminar is to discuss changing perspectives regarding Family Laws. The Seminar will also discuss certain challenges faced by different Family Laws, and what are the solutions to overcome those challenges. The Seminar will try to address on how family law can be reimagined to not merely accommodate diversity but fulfill the needs and secure the rights of the individuals and communities it is applicable to.
Moreover it provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Family law.
1. Changing perspectives on personal laws.
2. Reforms in Muslim laws.
3. Special Marriage Act and Its Impact on Family Issues.
4. Family Relation in human rights perspective National & International.
5. S. 89 of CPC and its implications.
6. Resolution of family dispute by ADR system.
7. Prevalence of Technology in ADR
8. Future Scope of technology in ADR.
9. ADR and Artificial Intelligence
10. Role of technology in ADR Post Covid-19 ERA
11. Role of Technology in International Dispute Resolution
12. Effects of Social Media in Dispute Resolution
13. Challenges in Resolving pending cases in family courts.
14. Recent trend in settlement of dispute in family cases.
15. Loopholes in personal laws.
16. Legitimacy of Children
17. Property Rights- (i) Inheritance and Succession, (ii) Matrimonial
18. Maintenance of Children, Parents & Wife
19. Guardianship: Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Parsi, etc.
20. Divorce Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Parsi, etc.
21. Marriages: Lesbian, Gay & Live-in Relationship, etc.
22. Artiﬁcial Reproduction Techniques- Surrogacy, Artiﬁcial Insemination, In-Vitro Fertilization, Test Tube
23. International conventions related to private international law.
24. Correlation between Family Law and Criminal Laws.
25. Family and Corporate Social Responsibility.
26. International conventions related to Private International Laws.
27. Efficacy of Family Court.
28. Family courts Act and its functions.
29. Uniform Civil Code
30. Adoption of Family-HRM Policies.
31. Family Structure On Organizational Commitment National/International.
32. Maintenance under Cr. P.C
33. Impact of COVID-19 on family relations
34. Domestic Violence & its
35. Impact on Children and Family
36. Family Issues and Media
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 5th May 2022 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Paper Submission
🞆 Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title ofSeminar. The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justify not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
🞆 An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and Conclusion indicating author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to email@example.com on or before 5th May, 2022. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following: Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address, Contact Number
🞆 The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
🞆 All foot notes must adhere to 20th edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the foot note option in word
🞆 Borders, underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper
🞆 References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes
🞆 Precedents may be in Italics but not bold
🞆 All sub headings must be left aligned, in bold
🞆 The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
🞆 The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
🞆 Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Seminar will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
🞆 Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Seminar.
🞆 Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
🞆 Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
🞆 No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
🞆 The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
Publishing Charges if any demanded for the journal is to be paid by the author.
Submission of Abstracts: 5th May 2022.
Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 7th May 2022.
Submission of Full paper: 21st of May 2022.
Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 24th May 2022.
Date of payment of Registration fee: 26th May 2022.
International Seminar: 28th May 2022.
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
The Participant’s intending to participate must register on or before 26th May 2022(26/05/2022) by submitting the duly filled pro forma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website and making an online payment of Rs.750/-( In the case of coauthor Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee, through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/).
All the Participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
1. Adv. Arya Sunil Paul (Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy Law College) – 9495178906
Faculty Co- Convenors
- Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College) – 9744169215,
- Smt. Vidya VV (Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy Law College)
- Varun Dev S ( Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy Law College )
1. Gautham Viswam – 8891001101