About the College:
Established in the year 2017, St. Joseph’s College of Law is the pioneer Jesuit law college in South Asia that is strengthened with a 450-year-old legacy of imparting quality education through the Jesuit mission of molding students into ‘people of competence, conscience, and compassion dedicated to the service of faith and the promotion of justice’. In pursuance of the noble Jesuit motto – fide et labore, St. Joseph’s College of Law was founded on the ideals of practicing law, promoting justice, and to transform society. Emboldened with a vision to ‘transform the lives of people by bringing about a just and egalitarian society’, the College believes in a steadfast focus to bridge law and governance with a human rights approach.
Details about the event/opportunity:
The “SJCL National Memorandum Drafting Competition” is designed to enhance drafting, research and analytical skills among aspiring lawyers. Drafting, an indispensable skill, is the ‘opus’/ ‘Il faut’ for a law student. Couched in a legal scenario, participants are required to be prudent and employ their legal acumen. In a nutshell, the competition seeks to bring forth the ‘legisperitus’ in each student.
Who is it for/eligibility:
1. Students currently enrolled in either five years or three years LL.B. courses or LL.M. programs from any recognized university are eligible for participation in the competition.
2. A team can consist of either a single member or two members. Any number of teams may register from a single institution. There is no restriction on the number of eligible teams from one institution
3. The competition allows ‘cross institutional’ teams. The participants from different institutions may come together to form a team for participation in the contest.
4. No changes will be made to the team composition after registration without express permission of the organizing body.
The Competition will be held virtually
Fee details (if any):
1. Commencement of Registration and Release of Proposition: 17th May, 2022
2. Date of Submission: 10th June, 2022
3. Last Date for Registration: 5th June, 2022
For clarifications, please contact
1. Diksha Garg – 9900435855
2. Simi Zackariah – 7406535979
3. Himali Sylvester – 6360317044
Rules and Regulations:
Official website of the Institution: