After 7 successful national moot court competition, The Auro Litigiosus Committee, School of Law, AURO University, in collaboration with the Competition Commission of India, is all set to announce the 8th AURO National Moot Court Competition based on the issues of intersection of the competition Law and the IPR. The competition aims to provide participants an opportunity to engage with the less deliberated issues deserving more attention.
About the University
AURO University is inspired by the vision and teachings of Sri Aurobindo Ghosh and The Divine Mother. Sri Aurobindo always believed, “Man is a transitional being, and is not at the zenith of his evolution.” The University recognizes that each individual is a soul in evolution, and needs to develop the entire personality around that innermost soul. AURO University is a premier University, having one of the most diversified Schools of Law in India, established in Surat, Gujarat. The University strives to assist students to grow to become active participants and conscious collaborators in the on-going process of human evolution. The school of Law was established with an aim to contribute to the development of law and a just society and its mission is to prepare outstanding lawyers, researchers and policy makers, who will be legally trained to serve the local, national and global community with responsibility, integrity, commitment and professionalism.
About the Competition Commission of India
Healthy competition ensures that every individual has access to the broadest range of goods and services at the most competitive prices. With increased competition, producers will have maximum incentive to innovate and specialize. The objectives of the Competition Act, 2002 are sought to be achieved through the Competition Commission of India, which has been established by the central Government with effect from 14th October, 2003.It is the duty of the Commission to eliminate practices having adverse effect on the competition, promote and sustain healthy competition, protect the interests of consumers and ensure freedom of trade in India.
About 8th AURO National Moot Court Competition 2022
The 8th AURO National Moot Court Competition is scheduled to be held from 9th to 11th September 2022 under the erudite aegis of the AURO University and the Competition Commission of India. The Moot Court Problem is themed on one of the most global contemporary issues in the regime of the Competition Law and the IPR. Participants will get the opportunity to argue before the illustrious panel of expert practitioners and academicians, including judges from the supreme institutions.
Eligibility and Team Composition
Students enrolled on a regular basis in an undergraduate law course or its equivalent of any recognized College/University/Institution i.e. 3-years LL.B. or 5-years LL.B. program are eligible to participate in the competition. Any College / University / Institution, whose students fulfill the eligibility criteria or for exceptional circumstances have been deemed by the Organizers to be eligible for this Competition, shall be entitled to send their team to the Competition. The team shall consist of 2 or 3 members.
Venue: Virtual mode.
- Each team consisting of 2 or 3 members must register for the competition by filling the registration form available at https://forms.gle/wSrMQBNut73msbYcA.
- Registration process may be completed by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Registration for the 8th AURO Moot Court Competition” with the registration details and payment proof.
- Each Team must register themselves on or before 20thAugust, 2022 (11:59 P.M IST). Only 32 teams will be allowed to participate on first-come-first-serve basis.
INR 1500 INR per team (inclusive of all taxes).
Payment can be made at the link mentioned below.
- Winning Team – Rs.40,000/-
- Runner-up Team – Rs.20,000/-
- Best Memorial – Rs.10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial – Rs.5,000/-
- Best Researcher – Rs.10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate – Rs.10,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate – Rs.5,000/-
|Last Date for seeking Clarifications to the Proposition||18th August,2022|
|Release of Clarifications to the Proposition||20th August,2022|
|Last Date for Registration for the Competition||20th August,2022|
|Last Date for Submission of memorials (soft copies)||30th August, 2022|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of the memorials||3rd September, 2022|
|8th AURO National Moot Court Competition||9th – 11th September, 2022|
- Rules & Regulations: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19hu4sksM0zOzpxyXjFbCn9MASKeVPyUu/view?usp=sharing
- Moot Proposition: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LhkeyzVmhuXKab07UsoFVuIZkvPEYISA/view?usp=sharing
- Program Schedule: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZF1aPQdnu0Ibgf02RLoayuDcKdVYGGX/view?usp=sharing
To know more and stay updated about ANMCC 2022, visit https://instagram.com/anmcc2022?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
For any query, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Riya Shah (President, ALC) at +91 8980173061 or Mr. Sagar Sarda (Vice President, ALC) at +91 9016253262.
Address : AURO University, Icchapur Road, Opp. ONGC, Next to Toyota, Bhatpore, Limla, Surat, Gujarat 394510.