Call for Papers | International Virtual Conference on New Facets of Consumer Protection: Challenges and Way Forward
Register here for the virtual conference.
Saturday, November 19, 2022
The Chair for Consumer Law and Practice (CLAP), National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU) invites papers for the International Conference on ‘New Facets on Consumer Protection Challenges and the Way Forward.’
About the Conference
The International conference, scheduled for November 19, 2022, is being organised by CLAP-NLSIU in association with the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, GoI. The conference will focus on a large array of issues on Consumer Protection. The agenda of the conference will mainly focus on following themes:
- Consumer Protection with respect to Sale of Goods and services through social media platforms;
- Consumer Protection from Fake Reviews on E-Commerce Portals;
- Consumer Protection & Fall Back Liability
- Imposing service charges on Consumer for the services rendered at Hotels and Restaurants;
- Recognition of Right to Repair as a Consumer Right;
- Assessment of Consumer Protection in India in par with International Best Practices
- Sustainable Consumerism
- Settlement of Cross Border Consumer Disputes
- Dark patterns and Consumer Protection
Submission of the Abstract
- The Abstract shall not exceed 500 words.
- The first page of the submission must contain the title of the paper, the name of the author(s) along with a Cover Letter.
- The abstract should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing, and footnotes (if any) in Times New Roman, font size 10, with single line spacing.
- The texts and footnotes must conform to OSCOLA 4th Edition.
- Only One Co-authorship is allowed.
- The Abstract should followed by an Outline of the Article with a brief Discussion.
- The submission of the abstract must be in (.doc) or (.docx)
- The submission should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the piece is original and has not been published or is under consideration, for publication, elsewhere.
- All submissions are subject to a plagiarism check.
- Submission of Abstract: 30th September 2022
- Confirmation of abstract selection: 10th October 2022.
- Submission of full paper and registration: 1st November 2022
- Intimation of Selected paper for Presentations: 10th November 2022
- Date of the Conference: 19th November 2022
How do I submit?
Please submit your abstract by clicking the link here.
To know more about the conference, the prize money for the papers, publication of the edited book, and other details regarding the submission, please read the brochure here.