About the Organisation
Accords International (AcIn) is the world’s premier organization working in the area of conflict resolution. We are passionate about discovering innovative techniques in mediation and restorative justice for widening their scope as a mechanism of conflict resolution.
AcIn was conceptualized in 2021 with an aim to:
1. Empower individuals to establish better dispute resolution mechanisms;
2. Utilise existing techniques in dispute resolution in a more productive way and create new techniques in the area;
3. Create a pan India network of professionals, academicians, judges, bureaucrats, and students working in the area of conflict resolution and restorative justice &
4. Synergise the working of alternate dispute resolution mechanisms with courts and the government for faster and optimal results
AcIn organizes a monthly chat with global conflict resolution experts to sensitize the audience about creating innovative techniques for conflict resolution.
About the Event:
At Accords International, we try to organize programs on new and interesting themes which are not generally touched upon by many organizations in India. On 6th September, 2022, Accords is organising a Fireside Chat with Dr. Aman Hingoraniand Ms Amymay Bowes on ‘Innovations in Conflict Resolution and Mediation’.
This discussion in the webinar will revolve around untouched areas of Transformative mediation and the restorative approaches in mediation. In the chat, we will try to discuss both topics in connection with each other., discussing the theme ‘ ‘Innovations in Conflict Resolution and Mediation”.
SPEAKERS FOR THE EVENT-
1. Ms. Amyway Bowes– Amymay is a qualified Civil and Commercial mediator who has specialised in SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) along with Neighbourhood and Community mediation. These areas of mediation require not just a traditional facilitative approach but also a transformative one and transformative mediation is a technique Amymay teaches as a faculty member of the London School of Mediation. The nature of Amymay’s work often brings her into contact with socially and economically vulnerable people and Amymay is passionate about empowering some of society’s least recognised and most marginalised people to learn how to make their voices heard through the art of mediation.
2. Dr. Aman Hingorani- Dr. Aman Hingorani is a practising lawyer and mediator at the Supreme Court of India and the Delhi High Court, and acts as an arbitrator at the PHDCCI. He has been engaged in teaching law since 1998 as adjunct faculty, and is an International Advocacy and Mediation Skills Trainer. He has prepared the ADR preparatory material for the All-India Bar Examination conducted by the Bar Council of India; the ADR Manual for FICCI as its National Consultant; and the Mediation Rules for the PHDCCI, apart from curriculum for law courses and other activities, such as the modules for the Indo-British Project on Advocacy Skills Training, British Council, New Delhi. He has authored the SAGE bestseller, Unravelling the Kashmir Knot and has another 80 publications, national and international.
1. Akanksha Marwah– Co-Founder COO Accords International, Mediator & Negotiator ADR Register, Amsterdam, RJ Facilitator (India & USA)
2. Upasana Singh– Founder CEO Accords International, Mediator & Negotiator ADR Register, Amsterdam, Certified Mediator (India & UK)
Webinar is Free of Cost (No registration charges)
Date – September 6, 2022
Time – 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM IST
Register today with the link below!
Registration Link- https://lnkd.in/dVSVDUZq
In case of any query please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org