About Institute of Legal Education
Institute of Legal Education is a Legal Institute to Promote Legal Education managed by I.L.E. Educational Trust (Former Institution known as “Indian Journal of Legal Review”). ILE has been established with the vision of excellence in legal education and research. Our ultimate visions are establishing the platforms for quality legal education and promoting legal gens even to the perspicacious society. Institute of Legal education Run with the Moto Vision of Grasp – Educate – Evolve. Institute of Legal Education managing the six excellent journals and will start online free certified courses from January 1st, 2023.
About ILE Constitutional Review
ILE Constitutional Review (ILECR) is Quarterly Publishing Bi-lingual (English and Tamil) Journal Published by Institute of Legal Education started in 2022. ILE Constitutional Review is an Peer – Reviewed Journal with an diligent Editorial Board. Constitution is the Supreme of everything. It determines the relationship of the citizens with the governments and It describes how the legislature, the executive, and the judiciary will be formed. It describes the power that each pillar of democracy will exercise and ensure a system of checks and balances. ILECR seeks to provide an interactive platform for the publication of Short Articles, Long Articles, Book Reviews, Case Comments, Research Papers and Essays in the field of Constitutional Law.
About the Case Commentary Drafting Competition Series
The Case commentary competition has been conceived with the point to deliver the introduction to the understudies to comprehend complex circumstances and distinguishing the lawful issues or lacunae within the case. This competition can offer assistance understudies in coming to the conclusion of any case by receiving any specific approach. This Case commentary Competition looks for to advance unique thought and investigation among law students, research fellows, academicians and legal professionals. Institute of Legal Education will conduct the case commentary Drafting competition Series In All aspects of the law in future.
The Competition is open to Law Students, Advocates, Professionals, Jurists, and Members of the Academia only. Team participation not allowed. Only individual participation is allowed.
Cases for the Competition
We welcome submissions from eligible persons on the following cases (any one)
• Abhiram Singh vs C.D. Commachen (Dead) By Lrs.& Ors, (SC – CIVIL APPEAL NO. 37 OF 1992);
• Amit Sahni v. Commissioner of Police, (SC – CIVIL APPEAL NO. 3282 OF 2020);
• Anuradha Bhasin V. Union of India, (AIR 2020 SC 1308);
• Babulal Parate vs The State Of Bombay And Another, (1960 AIR 51);
• Budhadev Karmaskar v. State of W.B., (2022 SCC OnLine SC 704);
• Common Cause v. Union of India, (SC – WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) NO. 13 OF 2003);
• Dr. D.C. Wadhwa & Ors vs State Of Bihar & Ors, (1987 AIR 579);
• Devidas Ramachandra Tuljapurkar vs State Of Maharashtra & Ors, (SC – CRIMINAL APPEAL NO.1179 OF 2010);
• Dr. Subhash Kashinath Majahan vs State of Maharashtra, (AIR 2018 SC 1498);
• Farzana Batool v. Union of India, (SC- Writ Petition (Civil Original Jurisdiction): 364/2021);
• Participants must register with the Link – https://competition.iledu.in/cccdcr/
• The team composition for the Competition shall be either Individual Member Team or Maximum Two Members Team. Inter-Cross college or university team registration is allowed in this Competition.
• No Registration Fee for the Competition.
Case Comment Draft Format Guidelines, Terms and Conditions
• All Drafts must satisfy with the Institute of Legal Education’s Case Comment Submission Policy (https://iledu.in/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/CASE-COMMENTRY-DRAFTING-RULES.pdf). If it is not satisfied with the Submission Guidelines and Terms and Conditions, it will be rejected instantly.
• All the drafts must be submitted in both Microsoft Word Document format (.doc/.docx) and PDF Format (.pdf) [i.e., each Team is required to send 2 files One in MS Word format and one in PDF format].
• The body of the submissions must be in the font “Times New Roman” with font size 12, with line spacing of 1.5 and justified. (The Font size for the Headings can be formatted as per the choice of the participants)
• The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing, justified. Authorities shall be cited as per the 20th edition of the Bluebook.
• The decision of organizers in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding and no query, correspondence, etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the organizers.
Evaluation of the Case Comment Draft
Each shall be evaluated on the following parameters:
|Proper and Articulate Analysis||10 marks|
|Extent and Use of Research||10 marks|
|Strength of the Research||10 marks|
|Clarity and Organization||10 marks|
|Grammar and Style||5 marks|
|Utilization of Submission Rules||5 marks|
|Registration Starts||September 20, 2022.|
|Last Date to Register||November 01, 2022.|
|Last Date for Submit the Amendment Draft||November 06, 2022.|
|Result Declaration||November 13, 2022|
• Top 3 Scoring Teams (overall) will be awarded with certificates of excellence.
• Each Judgment’s Top Scoring (One/Two) Team will get Opportunity to Publish their work in ISSN indexed Journal.
• All Participants will get Certificate of Participation + Free Publication Opportunity at ILE Publications + Internship Opportunity with Institute of Legal Education + Campus Ambassador Opportunity with Institute of Legal Education.
Any time you can contact us relating to this Competition via +91 94896 71437 (Prasanna S, Co-Ordinater)
Click Here for the official announcement
Click Here to Download the Brochure of the Competition
Click Here for Register to the Competition
Click Here Download the Rules and Regulations
Click Here Download the Model Case CommentaryFor Further Queries Feel Free to Contact Us.