ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has ranked 1st in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) amongst Indian Universities declared by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2021. University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centres/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh. University has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab and one rural regional centre at Kauni ands 3 Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana, and Hoshiarpur.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. The Institute also exposes its students to the ‘law in action’ through compulsory internships with Hon’ble Judges of Supreme Court, Punjab and Haryana High Court, eminent lawyers, legal firms, various commissions and NGOs etc, The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT SOCIETY FOR QUIZ
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline. Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
ABOUT REPUBLIC DAY OF INDIA
India celebrates January 26th every year as ‘National Republic Day’ to commemorate the enactment of the Constitution of India which occurred on January 26th,1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day. India got independence from Britain on August 15, 1947 but it took more than 2 years to solidify the establishment of India’s independent democratic government. January 26 was chosen as the official enactment day as a nod to the Purna Swaraj declaration of independence by the Indian National Congress in 1930. With the 1950 constitution, the country was officially known as the Republic of India – a “sovereign socialist secular democratic republic” that “secures all its citizens justice, liberty, equality and fraternity” according to its Preamble. The Constitution gave the citizens of India the power to choose their own government and paved the way for democracy. After many deliberations and some modifications, the 308 members of the Assembly signed two hand-written copies of the document (one each in Hindi and English) on 24 January, 1950. Two days later which was on 26th January, 1950 it came into effect throughout the whole nation.
ABOUT CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
Constitutional law is the foundation for all laws within a specific jurisdiction which includes the fundamental principles by which the government exercises its authority. It also provides the basic rights of individual citizens. The law is concerned with the interpretation and implementation of the Constitution and its underlying principles. Constitutional law deals with judicial review, fundamental duties and the power to make laws.
The Indian Constitution is a living document. Any act or law which is inconsistent with the Constitution becomes invalid. This makes Constitution so powerful and supreme that anything not in accordance with it holds no value anymore. The Supreme Court of India has played a prominent role in interpreting the Constitution.
UILS this year is celebrating the 74th Republic Day of India, a day signifying national pride, patriotism, and fervour, by organising an online quiz competition on the Constitutional Law of India. Come and participate in the competition.
ABOUT NATIONAL QUIZ COMPETITION ON CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any University/ College/ Institute across India.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
- The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking on the following link: https://forms.gle/LcVrLGaZgBY7qzo96
- The Last date for registration is January 23, 2023, 23:59 p.m. (IST).
- There is No Registration Fee for the Competition.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN QUIZ
- Constitutional Law of India
SIZE OF THE TEAM
- Individual Participation.
SCHEME OF THE QUIZ
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side.
- The participants of the event will be added by the team of SFQ in the Quiz WhatsApp group for the purpose of this event.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
THE COMPETITION WILL HAVE 2 ROUNDS THE RULES OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
- All participants are required to attempt the Round I of the quiz via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The Round I will be held on January 25th,2023.
- The Round will consist of 75 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each to be done within an hour.
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 26th, 2023.
- The Top 15 from Round-I will be sent another confirmation mail containing a link to join a new WhatsApp Group for the Round II Quiz.
- The Round will be conducted online via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group.
- The Round will be held on January 27th, 2023.
- The Round will consist of 40 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each to be done within 30 minutes.
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 27th, 2023.
|TASK||DATE||DAY AND TIME|
|Last Date of Registration||January 23rd, 2023||Monday (23:59 p.m.)|
|Quiz Competition(Round 1)||January 25th ,2023||Wednesday|
|Result Declaration(Round 1)||January 26th ,2023||Thursday|
|Quiz Competition(Round 2)||January 27th, 2023||Friday|
|Result Declaration(Round 2)||January 27th, 2023||Friday|
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 4,500 + Certificate of Merit.
- The 1st Runner-up will get a cash prize of Rs. 2,500 + Certificate of Merit.
- The 2nd Runner-up will get a cash prize of Rs. 1,500 + Certificate of Merit.
- Certificate of Appreciation for Top 15 Participants.
- All the participants of the Quiz will be provided with the Certificate of Participation.
Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar, Chief Patron, Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Chairperson, SFQ, UILS, PU-cum-Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Faculty Co-Ordinator, SFQ, UILS, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
Vaishnavi Gaur (President): 9045823867
Disha Chatta (Convenor): 6283319579
Kashika Maheshwary (Co-Convenor): 6283656831
Yuvraj Dhananjaya (Treasurer): 9988216307
For registrations and certificates, please contact:
Gurpreet Rana (Event Coordinator): 8968050243
Kanika Singh (Event Coordinator): 9878686667
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
Telegram : https://t.me/SFQ_UILSPU
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/sfq_uilspu/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sfq.uilspu
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sfq-uilspu