SECI awards JSW Energy a 500MW battery energy storage deal.

JSW Energy announced on Thursday that Solar Energy Corp. of India had awarded letters of award (LoA) to its step-down subsidiary, JSW Renew Energy Five Ltd., for 500 MW/1,000 MWH standalone battery energy storage systems (SECI).

Two projects totaling 250 MW/500 MWH each will receive the award. With this, the company will be eligible to collect a fixed capacity charge of 10.8 lakh rupees per MW each month for a period of twelve years.

60% of the project’s capacity and energy shall be under SECI’s responsibility, with JSWEL managing the other 40%.

This news is written by Ms. Amrita Singh, Research Assistant, All India Legal Forum.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close