Virtual Law School (Not for Profit Online Law Teaching Platform, established during Covid-19) and National Law University Tripura are jointly assessing ChatGPT which is a large-scale language model developed by OpenAI. We aim to examine its utility and effectiveness for the law schools in India from various perspectives.
To begin with, we tried to generate responses to some basic questions using ChatGPT and found interesting answers.
Our Test Questions to ChatGPT are shared below and responses are attached as screenshots of ChatGPT portal in the later pages.
- About ChatGPT?
- Why to choose ChatGPT?
- How to use ChatGPT accurately?
- Who can use ChatGPT?
- Copyright and Plagiarism issues in content produced by ChatGPT?
- ChatGPT’s use in creating social media post- demonstrated example?
- Use of ChatGPT by courts and tribunals?
- Use of ChatGPT by law firms and law schools?
VLS and NLU Tripura have collaborated to jointly conduct this assessment of ChatGPT and will generate a comprehensive report on its usefulness for the law schools, law students, law researchers, law teachers and other stakeholders.
Those who are interested to partner with us on this project, as of now on a pro bono research basis, are welcome.
Who can register as a researcher? (No Registration Fees)
Law students of 5 year law course from 6th sem onwards (inclusive of 6th sem)
Law students of 3 year course from 4th sem onwards (inclusive of 4th sem)
LL.M. candidates of all years
Law Teachers & Law Practitioners
Selection Parameters: Researchers will be short listed based on their CV and answers to the questions asked in the registration form and other academic parameters.
Preference will be given to the candidates who have at least one research paper published in a UGC care listed journal or a journal published by a law college or a law school.
Expected time contribution: 2 hours per day.
Duration of Project: 30-45 days
Fill Registration form to join as Researcher: https://forms.gle/jfcG6TFbk9qKv4Sr6
VLS Webpage Link to Project ChatGPT: https://virtuallawschool.in/call-for-researchers-project-chatgpt-and-law-schools-in-india/
Last Date to Apply: January 28, 2023
Project Start Date: February 5, 2023
- Dr. Nachiketa Mittal, Professor of Law, Founder, Virtual Law School
- Dr. Yogesh Pratap Singh, Professor of Law, Vice-Chancellor, NLU Tripura
- Dr. Ayaz Ahamad, Associate Professor of Law, UWSL, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
- Dr. Afroz Alam, Professor of Political Science and Head of the Department, MANUU, Hyderabad
- Ms. Ritambhara Mittal, 5G Solutions Architect, Amdocs USA
VLS ChatGPT WhatsApp Group:
VLS ChatGPT Telegram Group: https://t.me/+Dwr7BgCZilgzZWY1
WhatsApp Contact: +91-92054-25705
Note: Contribution of researchers will be duly acknowledged in the report as a research team.