DME LAW SCHOOL NOIDA
REMAKING CRIMINOLOGY: CONTEMPORARY INSIGHTS FROM THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
In academic collaboration with
Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, Govt of Philippines
Indian Society of Criminology, Chennai
Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tamil Nadu
(Centre for Studies in Victimology)
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
(Centre for Criminology & Forensic Science)
17th – 18th March 2023
Mode: Hybrid (Online and Offline)
The influence of criminology on the criminal law systems is possibly not so striking, but nevertheless remarkable. 21st-century criminology is a congeries of unresolved conflicts whose basic inner contradiction results from the pervasive failure to integrate those diverse streams of thought with the contemporary tenets of criminal law. The criminological aspects have been now applied to various legal notions. They might appear to be dawdling at present but their consistent efforts will surely condition the revamping of the modern criminal justice system. The emerging interface of criminology, penology, and victimology will help in depicting the most appropriate punishment fitting the crime and other related infrastructural transformations as required. The role of stakeholders also becomes all the more pertinent to be revisited for ameliorating the Criminal Justice System in the right direction.
This symposium is an initiative to revisit the existing criminological notions, annihilate the pre-existing principles which have become obsolete, and introduce novel concepts suited to the present need by their convergences with the Criminal Justice System. The amalgamation of multifaceted issues such as victim concerns, the role of law enforcement officials and other stakeholders, technological interface, forensics, etc. will produce fruitful outcomes.
WELCOME TO NEW DELHI
New Delhi, the capital city of India is regarded as the heart of the nation. Located at the banks of the Yamuna River in north-central India, it is of great historical significance as an important commercial, transport, and cultural hub, as well as the political center of India. Home to many important historical monuments, it reflects the cultural impact of the Mughals, the ancient Indian, and the British. It also is the home to the Guru Gobind Indraprastha University, New Delhi to which DME, Noida is affiliated.
ABOUT GGSIP UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) was the first University established in 1998 by Govt. of the NCT of Delhi under the provisions of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998. In a short span of 24 years, the University has been able to earn the best of national accreditations, educational awards, and stringent certifications. It is a teaching and affiliating University with the explicit objective of facilitating and promoting studies, research, and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with a focus on professional education, for example, engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, law, etc. and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields. The DME Noida is affiliated with GGSIPU.
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS: DME LAW SCHOOL, NOIDA
Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME) is an ‘A’ grade premier educational institute affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi. DME imparts education in the fields of Law, Management, and Journalism, with law courses approved by the Bar Council of India. The institute is housed in a splendid building laced with modern educational facilities, a sine qua non for enhancing students’ creativity and capabilities. This symposium is being organized by the DME Law School. The Law school offers a 5-year integrated B.A., LL. B & B.B.A., LL. B programs and practices project-based pedagogy with a strong connection between classroom teaching and evolving legal & corporate needs.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Criminologists, educators, academicians, think tanks, researchers, scholars, students, professionals, and other relevant stakeholders of all disciplines are invited to contribute to this symposium. Research papers describing original and unpublished works of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work in all areas related to the theme of the symposium are cordially invited for presentation.
- Green criminology and its legality
- Transforming Criminal Justice System through a restorative justice approach.
- Role and responsibilities of Stakeholders for Restorative justice
- Impact of restorative justice on victims of crime
- Restorative justice as an alternative to punitive discipline
- Divergent attitude due to racial, ethnic, and social structure notions in attaining social order
- Perceptions of law enforcement officials on the Criminal Justice System
- Emerging trends in research and action in criminology and victimology
- Perspectives on dilution of crime due to overcriminalization
- Revamping the Criminal Justice System through victim’s participation: Victim Impact Statement
- Victim-offender mediation as an initiative for collective healing
- Harmonizing the Criminal Justice System by involving the offender and victim in the Judicial process
- Distributive justice as a gateway for access to justice
- Innovative police training for revamping the confidence of vulnerable classes (women, children, minorities, people with special needs, ethnic groups, etc.) in the Criminal Justice System
- Insights on Forensic victimology in the contemporary era.
- Efficacy of theories of punishment in the present scenario
- Mapping the victims of Digital crimes
- Reformative discourses for cyber criminology
- Role of Forensics in victim identification
IMPORTANT DATES OF SUBMISSION
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 27th February 2023
- Acceptance of Abstract: 01st March 2023
- Last date for Submission of Full Article: 13th March 2023
DATE OF SYMPOSIUM: 17th -18th March 2023
MODE OF SYMPOSIUM
The symposium will be conducted in hybrid mode with both online and offline components. This is subject to the Government of India guidelines pertaining to SARS-Cov2, issued from time to time.
Please note that the symposium will be held in hybrid mode. The registration charges (along with full paper) can be made at any time on or before 27th February 2023. Please mention the subject as ‘Law Symposium’ while making the payment. If it is a co-authorship, both participants are required to pay the registration fees separately.
Fee payable through IMPS/NEFT
Delhi Metropolitan Education
HDFC Bank Ltd., Sector 18, Noida
Account No: 50100187447560 (Savings Account)
Students – ₹300
Faculty and Research Scholars – ₹700
Other Professionals – ₹1000
International Participants – $50
Students – ₹700
Faculty and Research Scholars – ₹1200
Other Professionals – ₹1500
International Participants – $60
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
- Well-researched papers, articles, and case studies are invited from students, scholars/researchers, academicians, and other professionals.
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted. Each co-author would be required to pay the registration fees separately.
- The manuscript must be typed in MS Word Times New Roman.
- Font size 12 and 1.5 spacing on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides.
- Footnotes should follow a uniform The Bluebook: AUniform System of Citation, 20th Edition.
- The papers should be thematic, not more than 4000 words (3000-4000 words is appreciable).
- Each paper should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The sub-themes provided are merely indicative and not exhaustive. Participants are free to choose any topic of their choice relevant to the central theme of the symposium.
- The abstract and the article should indicate the title of the paper, name of the author(s), organization(s), contact number, relevant sub-theme, and e-mail address.
- Research papers/articles submitted should be accompanied by a declaration by the author(s), stating that the contents of the research paper are original and have not been published elsewhere.
- All papers shall be strictly subjected to anti-plagiarism software and shall be scrutinized through blind review of the Editorial board.
- Selected research papers shall be published in a UGC CARE Listed Journal/ Journal with ISSN or in a book-bearing ISBN at an additional cost.
- The abstract (with the subject of the mail as- “Abstract”) and the complete papers with the subject of the mail- “Full Paper”) are to be sent to email@example.com
Best Paper for each Category:
Ms. Swati Kaushal
DME Law School, Noida
Ms. Bedapriya Lahiri
DME Law School, Noida (81305261053)
Student Organizing Committee
- Ms. Srishti- 8434992111
- Mr. Dhimaan Dutta- 8527022312
- Ms. Mehar Kapoor- 8800673657
- Ms. Srilakshmi Karampudi- 7013035215